What you can expect during a regular dental check up with Dr. Dirk Jacobsen:
- Evaluate your overall health and oral hygiene
- Evaluate your risk of tooth decay, root decay, and gum or bone disease
- Evaluate your need for tooth restoration or tooth replacement
- Check your bite and jaw for problems
- Clean and remove any stains or deposits on your teeth
- Demonstrate proper cleaning techniques for your teeth or dentures
- Take dental X-rays or, if necessary, do other diagnostic procedures
During a dental check up, Dr. Dirk may also ask you about any health problems you have or medications you’re taking and discuss how they might affect your oral health.
If you have prosthetic replacements — such as dentures or bridges — Dr. Dirk will examine how well they fit and discuss any need for an adjustment.
A dental check up might also include counseling about diet, use of tobacco products and other lifestyle factors that can affect oral health.
Cleaning is done with an ultrasonic scaler and stain removal is done with an air polisher using bicarbonate of soda or a polishing paste.
A dental X-ray allows Dr. Dirk to see detailed images of your teeth and mouth and he may do one or both of the following depending on the need.
Bitewing – This type of X-ray allows Dr. Dirk to see the crowns of the upper and lower teeth. During a bitewing X-ray, you’ll bite down on the X-ray film holder while the X-ray images are being taken.
Panoramic X-ray – This type of X-ray gives Dr. Dirk a broad and entire view of your mouth.
To make an appointment at the Dental Pod please click here to contact us